Are you looking to join one of the best retail teams in America? Creating a culture that provides a compelling place to shop, work and invest is essential to achieving our corporate goals and you can help us succeed in that by becoming a Human Resources Generalist at Family Dollar's multi-shift distribution center (DC) located in Morehead,KY. Human Resource Generalists are responsible for handling a wide-range of HR activities and functions for hourly team members within Family Dollar. Human Resource Generalists are responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships as well as providing quality service. Human Resource Generalists provide tactical and operational support to the DC for HR programs and initiatives within the organization. They are responsible for partnering with the DC Team to facilitate the recruitment, selection and retention of key Team Members. Human Resource Generalists identify training and development needs within the DC and partner with the centers of expertise to design appropriate interventions.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Partner with team members to ensure their human resources needs are met.
• Coach and counsel team members on all aspects of human resources and communicate best practices regarding employee engagement and retention.
• Assist the HR Manager in the development and execution of department goals and objectives.
• Identify, assess and recruit hourly talent to staff the facility.
• Conduct meetings as it relates to business needs (new-hire orientations, open enrollment, leadership and 401k monthly meetings.
• Work collaboratively with team members to ensure the performance management process is administered in a consistent, constructive and productive manner.
• Maintain personnel records and ensure compliance.
• Maintain all HRIS systems (including ProWatch, Oracle, Kronos, Family Dollar University, etc.).
• Create and facilitate human resources training programs that enhance the skill sets of team members. Assess and identify individual or group training needs, and administer plans, procedures, and programs to meet needs.
• Recommend new approaches, programs, and policies that contribute to the success of the business.
• Conduct exit interviews and translate findings into action-oriented recommendations for the DC.
• Maintain expert knowledge of federal and state employment law and ensure compliance within assigned groups.
• Represent HR and DC on cross-functional teams for projects, new programs / processes.
• Other job-related duties as assigned.
• Additional project work as needed and other duties as assigned.
• Office work environment, 40+ work hours per week
• Be willing to work all shifts, weekends and overtime as needed in a non-climate controlled warehouse.
• Travel as required (0-25%).
Education: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Two (2) or more years of progressive HR experience is required, preferably in a retail environment. SPHR or PHR Certification is beneficial.
Job Related Skills: Effective presentation, written and verbal communication, problem solving, and decision making skills required. Working knowledge of state and federal employment law is helpful. Ability to effectively build relationships with business partners; excellent customer service skills; Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook); Familiarity with Lawson a plus.
Certifications: PHR/SPHR Certification a plus
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Auto Req ID: 397254BR
Process Level/Store #: DC205 Morehead, KY
Family Dollar General Warehouse
1000 Industry Road, Morehead, KY 40351
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""