Overview & Intention
Cairn Guidance, Inc. is looking for an Executive Assistant (consultant position) based in Morehead, Kentucky to help orchestrate the day-to-day necessities and assist with special projects and contracts. We provide engaging, research-based professional development, facilitation, training, and technical assistance to schools and communities. Cairn Guidance addresses the problems that arise within school and community health issues and focuses on a process that is effective and results oriented. Some of our clients include schools, districts, state departments of education, non-profits, public health organizations, and state departments of health and human services. Cairn Guidance has three full-time employees and multiple independent contractors that work virtually on a project basis.
Your work will empower us to make a difference in the lives of children, educators in school districts and community members throughout the country. We provide cutting-edge health education support and curriculums, and through our work, children can learn in a healthy, balanced way—and stay in school.
The Executive Assistant facilitates the ease and flow of Cairn Guidance, a national school, and community health-consulting firm. This position requires a detail-oriented person.
· Data input - basic data input of demographic information from provided forms along with data organization and checking for duplicates during input
· Prepping materials for events (i.e., preparing binders, counting/organizing needed handouts or materials)
· Handling print orders and pick up of completed orders
· Creating PowerPoint slides from provided information and templates
· Shipping and packing of materials via FedEx to conferences or events
· Inventory of collateral on hand
· Basic office management responsibilities - ensuring needed supplies are at the office
· Maintains a paperless office environment to the extent possible
· At times, manage Director's business errands (as Director travels often)
Your weekly work may require you to:
-Apply customer service skills
-Understand timelines and manage projects over time
-Assist with presentation materials- compile materials for training, stock office supplies, compile evaluations after trainings
-Apply proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Google Docs, and Dropbox
-Research on the internet
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s or Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school. Strong experience in writing, project management, business administration and event planning.
Reading, writing, and presentation: Strong experience in Microsoft Suite and Google Suite.
Technology: Some of the required work is on the computer.
Physical Labor: This position includes packing boxes and moving them to be picked up and shipped by FedEx. Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
Cultural Literacy and Communication Skills: Aware of standards for business communication and professionalism, including reasonable times for follow-up and polite, effective email communication. Able to understand implications of cultural differences such as age, gender, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, class, learning differences, and spirituality/religion, as well as other issues of diversity.
Personal and professional characteristics:
· Being detail-oriented is essential in this role
· Works collaboratively with a spirit of cooperation
· Respectfully takes direction from Director and Sr. Manager of Operations and Measurement
· Extremely organized
· Fun and charismatic work demeanor
· Ability and willingness to hold space (listen) for the process
· Desire to actively contribute to the betterment of humankind through this company
· Is able to be on video chat or in-person at office for scheduled meetings
· Maintains own mobile phone
· Reliable transportation - mileage will be reimbursed when dropping off shipments or picking up print orders
· Maintains own computer
· Keeps Cairn Guidance information, secured at an above-average standard
· Hourly rate is $15/hour, to start with room to increase hourly pay
· Looking for 5-8 hours a week, with hours at least 3 days a week. Schedule is flexible between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
· Potential to expand to full time contractor or employee status
· Commute expenses to the office are not covered
Interested Candidates send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Part-time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Administrative