Are you looking to join one of the best retail teams in America? Creating a culture that provides a compelling place to shop, work and invest is essential to achieving our corporate goals and you can help us succeed in that by becoming a Department Manager at Family Dollar's Morehead Kentucky distribution center.
The role of Department Manager is to be responsible for management of one of the five main DC departments (Bulk, Shipping, Forklift, Receiving and Repack). This position will also be responsible for planning, directing, organizing control and improving assigned business operations to achieve departmental and distribution center objectives. This person will also directly manage 1 –3 exempt and 40 - 80 non-exempt associates. This position is responsible for embracing Family Dollar’s store-centric commitment to customers, customer service and sales.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule and appropriately deploy assigned personnel and equipment to achieve shift performance goals. Ensure appropriate materials/tools are on hand in order for smooth operation.
- Ensure a safe working environment through promotion of quality work standards, appropriate equipment maintenance and effective communication. Ensure housekeeping standards are routinely maintained.
- Ensure adherence to established planning goals and controls for all operations. Recommend any changes/improvements that enhance operational performance.
- Ensure quality, production, and labor standards are met/exceeded by auditing workflow, correcting substandard performance and providing associate feedback as appropriate. Troubleshoot workflow stoppages and take corrective action to avoid disruption.
- Coordinate workflow internal and external to the department through established communication processes and channels.
- Promote and inspire teamwork throughout the facility.
- Train and develop department personnel using established Family Dollar training programs.
- Provide departmental reporting as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to continuously walk the Distribution Center for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift or move up to 60 lbs
- Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts based on business needs
- Less than 10% travel
- Education: High School diploma or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Experience: At least 3-5 years management experience in a distribution, warehouse or related environment.
- Ability to drive performance in a metrics/goal driven environment highly desired
- Prior experience coaching/developing salaried leaders strongly preferred
- Job Related Skills: understanding of distribution process
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office application proficiency required. Knowledge of Radio Frequency, WMS (PkMS or Catalyst) and Labor Management (Argent) systems a plus.
What we offer you:
Family Dollar offers a full benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, 401K, Profit Sharing and Discount Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Due to our tremendous growth we also offer excellent career GROWTH opportunities for motivated individuals
To apply please select the link below!