Crop Care Specialist
Apply here: www.appharvest.com/letsgrow
Position: Crop Care Specialist
Location: Morehead, KY
AppHarvest is building large-scale, high-tech indoor farms throughout Appalachia with a goal to make the region the AgTech capital of America. Our cutting-edge sustainable technology includes circular irrigation systems that reduce water usage by 90% (and use only recycled rainwater at that), as well as completely eliminating agricultural runoff. Natural sunlight is augmented by a first-of-its-kind hybrid lighting system that uses LEDs 40% more efficient than typical lighting, as well as heat-emitting lighting designed to reduce natural gas usage in cooler months.
Beyond our large-scale indoor farms, we operate an educational container farm program to help grow our growers. Before starting operations, we invested $150,000 to build out the program.
By doing it all from within Appalachia, we are helping to build a resilient economy in a region that has long powered America. Our mission has garnered attention the world over with coverage by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, 60 Minutes, Forbes and CNBC. In less than 18 months, we have raised more than $125 million to support our efforts.
As a Crop Care Specialist, you will be responsible for the successful growth of produce in the greenhouse.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Detail-oriented and focused on quality
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer, and/or frequently lift objects up to 35 pounds (may require sustained repetitive motion).
- Ability to perform work at heights of 10-15 feet on a raised trolley platform.
- Capable of working in an environment with changing humidity and temperature.
- Ability to harvest fruits based on color requirements.
- Flexibility to work 40+ hours weekly (which may include occasional weekend work).
- Agriculture experience is preferred but not required.
- Train to industry standards.
- Goodwill Soft Skills Certificate or Work Ready Certificate preferred but not required.
Our Core Values:
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) match
- People-oriented culture
- Access to upskilling educational opportunities
AppHarvest, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : General