Spero Health is seeking a Medical Assistant to join our awesome team in the Morehead, KY area!
This position is for a Medical Assistant who supports the mission of “Saving Lives, Instilling Hope and Restoring Relationships” in an integrated team with patients receiving counseling, case management and medically assisted treatment. Spero Health believes better outcomes are achieved when you treat the whole person, through integrated care. If you are looking for a career where you can make a difference in someone's life, Spero Health is the right place for you!
The Medical Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling patient appointments.
- Answering in-coming calls and checking voice messages regularly.
- Check patients in/out, monitor patient flow.
- Perform urine drug screens, takes vitals, assist with patient evaluations.
- Call in patient medication as directed by Physician.
- Input accurate patient information into electronic health record.
- Sending prior-authorizations to insurance companies.
- Perform daily financial summary and balance of payments received.
- Responsible for cash collection and verification of benefits.
- Review the Prescription Monitoring Database.
- Provide education and resource information regarding medication.
- High School Diploma required
- Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assisting preferred
- 1-3 years as a Medical Assistant (or similar type role)
- Experience with labs and blood draws required
- Experience with injections preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Ability to perform phlebotomy
- Medical, Dental, and Health Savings Account
- Vision, Life and Disability insurance (100% Company Paid)
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement program with company match
- Wellness Programs (Fitness Reimbursement & Smoking Cessation)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounts via Tickets at Work
CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
- Opportunities for growth - we encourage our teammates to consider new growth opportunities with us.
To apply simply click on link.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School, Associate Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Entry Level